Fiber Optics Data Concentrator
Kameras am Glas
This application called for transporting multiple camera data over a fiber-optic link to a remote computer. An FPGA takes the role of a data concentrator, multiplexing video data from up to 16 cameras onto a single fiber-optic cable, operating at 4 Gb/s. The reverse channel, also present in the fiber, serves for camera configuration and error handling. The corresponding PC interface card recieves fiber data and sends it via PCI Express to video buffers in main memory, of course separately for each camera.
- 6 digital cameras connected via low-cost LVDS
- Error correction and retransmission in FPGA hardware
- Video data multiplex with 4 Gb/s
- Receiver for fiber data on PCI Express card in PC
- Separate video buffers in memory.