MicroBlaze Embedded CPU
Complete SoC in FPGA
MicroBlaze soft CPU cores by Xilinx are the foundation of many SoC designs, based on FPGAs. ELTEC has an implementation running under Linux.
- 32 bit CPU unit with 100 MHz clock - enough for slower applications
- Adaptable CPU kernel, for example cache sizes
- 32-bit bus in FPGA
- RAM controller for DDR-2/-3
- Netzwork interfaces up to Gigabit Ethernet
- DMA controller
- Serial and parallel I/O
- PCI und PCI Express interfaces
- Standard Linux (Debian)
- OS can boot from flash
An application implemented by ELTEC can be found here.
Outside FPGA, inside MicroBlaze, Function: Gigabit Image Processing